Back in the seventies and the last one today
Click for larger pictures
Vertical lines (slant) before calibration.
Set the radio to a Time Standard Broadcast Station. Freq. 4.995MHz or 9.995MHz USB, and wait for the slow or fast
tick sound (be patient).
To help with the alignment, the green vertical line can be moved by pointing the cursor to the left side of the white bar, and then select mouse right click.
Start this adjustment by clicking Adj button on the Misc tab in MMSSTV Setup.
Remember that auto slant must be turned off.
After Rx (Clock) calibration, Tx Offset can in most cases be
set to 0,0Hz
Vertical lines after calibration.
Setting up the Transmit Sound Card Sample Rate
Consult a SSTV friend who you know has a perfectly calibrated Rx Clock.
(See Calibrating the Sound Card with a Time Standard).
1. Let your friend turn off "Auto Slant"
2. Send a picture to your friend.
3. When your friend has received your picture, he/she must select the "Sync" tab.
and then press the "Yellow smiley" button.
4. Your friend can now give you a "Correction Factor" and pass this number on to you.
5. You should select the "MISC" tab, and enter this number under the "Tx offset" field, using the OPPOSITE sign. i.e. if the correction factor is +0.20, then you would enter -0.20. If the correction factor were -0.20, then you would enter 0.20.
My settings in MMSSTV